Monday, March 16, 2009

Cheryl Tweedy - Top Singer

“I wasn’t a bad kid, but I wasn’t the best at sticking to rules. I was a bit of a joker and more into just seeing my friends at school and talking. Then at night I wasn’t the best behaved, I would sneak out my window & stay out late.”

Cheryl Tweedy - Photo Gallery

Date of Birth: June 30, 1983
Birthplace: Newcastle upon Tyne, England

What makes her so famous?
Cheryl Tweedy is the breakout star from Girls Aloud, Britain’s hottest female group since the Spice Girls. "We would love to have the same success as the Spice Girls, they really made it,” she says. “They paved the way for girl groups and we’d love to think this is our time now."

Why we adore her..., as we do?
Cheryl Tweedy is proof that dreams can come true. The Newcastle, England, native went from serving fish and chips to climbing the top of the charts in 2002 when she earned a spot on ITV1’s Popstars: The Rivals. Despite her scintillating skill set, Cheryl wasn’t sure if she would make the show’s final cut at the time. “In the final, I didn’t know who would get picked,” she admits. “When I did my song on the final show the judges said I did a good performance, so I knew I couldn’t have done much better.”

Biography
Cheryl Ann Tweedy has spent nearly her entire life in the limelight. Born June 30, 1983, in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Cheryl began her modeling career at the tender age of 6 when she won the prestigious World Star of Future Modeling competition. And she didn’t stop there. In the years that followed, she was named “Best Looking Girl of Newcastle,” “Most Attractive Girl” at the Metro Square, and she starred in a string of popular commercials seen throughout the British Isles.

“Chezza,” as she’s known in the media, won another competition of sorts, at the age of 16, when she beat out thousands of other young women to earn a place at the Royal Ballet Summer School in London. Despite her success as a dancer, Cheryl’s true love was singing and she longed for the opportunity to show off her dazzling vocal prowess.

Luckily, she was given a chance to do just that in 2002, when ITV1 held an open audition for their new reality show, Popstars: The Rivals. “I was working as a waitress at the time,” Cheryl recalls. “I saw Popstars would be about two new bands, so I just thought I’d give an audition a go.”




Profile Source: www.modelcruz.com
Gallery Source: www.iCelebZ.com | www.modelcruz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment