Wednesday, August 4, 2010

~day 3 of the makeover~

Today I filled apothecary jars with candy and I also think I gained 3 pounds.
I picked out candy with pastel colors.
I think they look so pretty in these jars....
not so pretty on my butt.




I also combined some vintage and some new letters to spell out the word
~sweets~
The ones that were new I painted and the vintage ones I left as is.

I also got coat number 492 of the brown paint on the walls!
I just have a little touch up to do on it tomorrow.
Hubby did his 3rd coat of mud on the new drywall.
It will be ready for me to sand and paint tomorrow.


I also got all the trim and the lower portion of the walls painted white.
I used the same paint as I did the furniture and doors,
dove white by Ben Moore.

I love how the antique closet door looks in white,
especially against the brown.
{some of you wanted to know the name of the pink that was in the room previously.
It's called fairiest of them all by disney and can be purchased at Home Depot}

It was a nice sunny day so I painted the trim outdoors.

This is the baseboard trim and the chair rail.

The last thing we did tonight was to hang the
chair rail and touch up the nail holes with Spackle.

Now the pressure is on!
Tomorrow I am going to get up early and
finish the touch up paint,
sand the Spackle on the trim and touch that up.
Then I have to sand the "new wall"
put primer on it,
then do my 879 coats of brown paint on it.
We still need to install the TV,
clean the floors,
wash the windows,
and put everything back in the room.
So, until tomorrow.............
goodnight friends!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment