Friday, April 2, 2010

~vintage table settings~

If you have vintage dishes that are packed away,
bring them out this Easter Sunday! I had fun with these simple table settings using my vintage dishes!
None of them are pieces of fine china.
Most all of them are garage sale and thrift store finds.

It's all about using what you have,
mixing old and new,
and using different patterns and textures.

I snipped a few camellia and magnolia branches
out of my yard for a easy casual look.

You can use old canning jars to serve drinks in.....

Every place setting is different and that's what makes it so unique!

Why stop at just using plates?
Pile up those platters to use for your Sunday brunch!

It's the delicate colors and patterns of these dishes
that will make your table look fabulous!


Here I took a little vintage bottle and printed out a name on my computer.
I tucked it into the bottle and tied it with a old ribbon,
and voila, you have a custom place card!


Don't be shy, bring it all out, the more vintage dishes the better!

I mixed vintage stemware and vintage tea cups here with
new green glasses from World Market.

As you can see, none of these dishes are perfect.
Some have chips and cracks, but they are still all beautiful to me!

I filled a new white urn with the magnolias and camellias.
It was free and they were just the right colors!
It's all about using what you have.

Play around with mixing different salad and dinner plates.
There is no wrong combination.

You are probably sick of seeing these photos!
I just had so much fun playing around with all these dishes!


I hope you all have a blessed weekend filled with family, friends, and good times.
See you all on Monday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment