Saturday, January 1, 2011

~head over heels~

Can you tell my tastes are evolving a bit from all white neutral spaces?
Don't get me wrong, I still love them and will continue to,
but I'm loving adding bits of subtle color here and there.
I think that's what I love about all these spaces.
They are not bright, vibrant, or in your face.
They still are relaxing and cozy but have that added punch of color.
Like something as simple as a blue door and a red pillow. And small bits of color on all white walls with a lot of natural wood.

This is a good example of a space that has got it all.
Even though the walls are white it's not too stark with
the dark wood beams and dark tile floor.
The faded antique rug add that little bit of rich color without being over the top.
A few colorful accessories top off the look.


Check out those old wide plank floors!
~wow~
Here the color comes from the old school house chalk board.
Tons of texture in this room~love it!


I love this photo, not only for that adorable pooch, but also because it has some similarities with our living room.
We have the cedar ceiling and the painted wood walls.
It looks very clean yet still lived in.


The dark wood beams on the ceiling ground this space and the sparkly chandelier adds some glamour to an otherwise pretty neutral room.
I also like the idea of adding color in fresh flowers.
The silk draperies are pretty neat too!


I'm off to enjoy a day with my favorite 8 year old at Chuck E Cheese.......
Have a great day!
photo source

Again, here is the address where you can reach Edie.


Gina Williams506 Helton Road Maryville, TN 37804
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment